Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wedding Wednesday

As an events management major and aspiring wedding planner I am OBSESSED with all things wedding. Wedding shows, movies, magazines, everything! I'm also totally obsessed with celebrity weddings. Since all we've been hearing about lately is the Kardashian wedding or Brangelina's engagement, I wanted to share 3 of my favorite celebrity weddings.

Aaron Paul and Lauren Parsekian

The Breaking Bad stars "Vintage Parisian Carnival" themed nuptials took place in Malibu, California on May 26th 2013. The ceremony took place under white twinkle lights and a canopy of trees. Cocktail hour featured clowns and stilt walkers. 


My favorite part? the musical guests and entertainment.
John Mayer sang his song "Daughters" for Parsekian's father/daughter dance, David Blaine provided magic tricks and Foster The People performed during the reception.



Seth Meyers and Alexi Ashe

Seth's wedding is currently my favorite celebrity wedding. The couple was married in Martha's Vineyard on September 1st 2013. Only 2 days before the wedding, Alexi got food poisoning and was actually still in the hospital the morning of the big day! 
.



Alexi and her sister wore custom Carolina Herrera gowns and Herrera also lent the "unofficial" bridal party dresses









Guests were given lavender in paper cones made from the pages of the couples favorite books, Catch 22 and Great Expectations. 

Dinner was served in an outdoor tent before dancing took place in a barn.





My favorite part? The first dance.
Alexi and her family are all country music fans so Seth surprised her by getting Brad Paisley to play their first dance song!


The Royal Wedding

I consider the royal wedding to be the reason I choose to become a wedding planner. On April 29th 2011 i set an alarm so I could wake up and watch every second of coverage before i went to school. 
I have a major royal obsession and I especially love Kate's Cinderella story.

Both Kate and Pippa's gowns took my breath away and I loved seeing Harry whisper "wait til you see her" to his brother at the alter.

Everything about that day was perfect to me. I watched all of the arrivals, the kiss, and the reception coverage. I still watch TV specials about it even 3 years later. I even just wrote my history final about it! I wish I could pick one favorite part of this wedding but that just isn't possible.







No comments:

Post a Comment