Saturday, May 31, 2014

Dealing with Post or Between Trip Depression.

One of the biggest struggles in any Disney fan's life is post or between trip depression.
It's that feeling you get as soon as step off of the plane in Boston and realize that it is FREEZING and there are no palm trees in sight. When you wake up the day after a trip in your own bed and realize that you have to have cereal instead of mickey waffles for breakfast. Or when you see a commercial for WDW on TV and want to cry.

I get PTD all the time when I'm stuck in the library writing papers until 2AM or when I'm standing behind the register for hours at work. Over the years however I have found a few ways to deal with it that make it sting a little less. Basically, YouTube.

1. YOUTUBE IS YOUR FRIEND
YouTube is a magical place full of endless cat videos, beauty gurus and daily vloggers but it is also home to every parade, firework show, ride POV and character meet and greet that has ever existed in any of the Disney Parks. 
A few of my favorites are:
(My personal favorite parade EVER) Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade



2. YOUTUBERS ARE NICE PEOPLE
Another thing I do to deal with PTD is watch videos of other people in Disney. It sounds weird I know, why would watching other people have fun help make you feel better? I'm not sure why, but it does. 
My favorite person that I am subscribed to for this is Adam Rucker. He visits the parks all the time and I love to watch because he always checks out new things that I can't see while I'm stuck in Massachusetts.  


3. Disney. Proposal. Videos.
Obviously we all know I love weddings, especially Disney weddings so basically videos of proposals in Disney are like my drug. They are perfect and adorable and are guaranteed to make you cry happy tears for people you don't even know. Just search "Disney Proposal" on YouTube and you will find hundreds of them. This is just one of my favorites. 

4. Disney movie nights
This is an easy one. You miss Disney? Watch a Disney movie. They are guaranteed to make your mood at least a little better. They don't even have to be "Disney movies" if you don't want to watch a cartoon. One of my favorite things to do with my family before or after any trip is to watch home videos of our past trips. It's fun to see how much things have changed in the parks over the years and who doesn't want to see how cute they used to be when they were little? 

5. Pinterest
Pinterest is full of Disney things. They have recipies, crafts, books, EVERYTHING. Just do a simple search for Disney world and you will find anything you could ever want.


I hope you have enjoyed this week as much as we have! All I want to do now is get on a plane and be in a park now. This week was a lot of fun and I think you can expect more themed weeks from us soon!

Let us know some themes you would want to see or some post ideas that we should do! Have a magical day and I will see you on Monday!





No comments:

Post a Comment