Wednesday, May 14, 2014

My Freshman Year

Today I pack up my dads truck, move out of room 203, and officially end my first year of college. It is so hard to believe that its already over, I feel like I just moved in yesterday! It's funny that whenever someone tells you that college flies by you always just laugh and ignore it because you feel like it's going to last forever.

I remember sitting in my dorm room alone after my parents said goodbye on move in day thinking that I wasn't going to make new friends and that I would end up transferring to a new school after a year. Now 9 months later I'm sitting in the same room alone, surrounded by boxes and boxes of stuff and I can't believe how amazing this past year has been. I have been so lucky especially because I go to school so close to the city. I have been able to to so many things and meet so many great people that I can't imagine myself anywhere else but here.


I have the greatest friends in the world. The kind of friends I wish I had in high school. Friends who I would do anything for and I know that they would do the same for me. The kind of friends who will stay up till 3 am watching Suite Life of Zach and Cody the night before winter break or dance around with swiffers and brooms singing old Mayday Parade songs or go on adventures in the city with me. Going almost totally drama-free for a whole school year was amazing and I can't wait to be rooming with my 3 best friends next year!

One person I'm going to miss the most is going to be my current roommate. We have grown so close that I don't even want to think about living across campus from her next year. When I first found out she was my roommate I thought we wouldn't really be friends because we were so different. I just assumed that we would be sharing a room and that would be it but I soon realized that we had so much in common that it was kinda freaky. I'm gonna miss spending afternoons singing at random strangers or tour groups outside our window, spending lazy Friday nights in our sweatpants watching Harry Potter, crying over Spiderman, and having sing-a-longs to Mulan at 2 AM.

I have gotten to do so many other amazing things this year too like
  • see Wicked and the Book of Mormon
  • see the freakin Backstreet Boys for FREE
  • go to a Bruins practice and 4 Bruins games
  • get into a Red Sox game for $1
  • go to the rolling rally after the Sox won the world series
  • participate in Northeastern's Underwear Run 
  • 6 concerts
  • work my first major event
  • network and tour places like Fenway Park 
and so many other things too. I have made the best memories and friends and I can't wait to see what the summer and the next 3 years have to offer!
Although I am really sad that this year is over, I sooo ready for summer! Now that classes are over all I want to do is sit by my pool and see my friends from home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment