Monday, May 5, 2014

No Stress No Stress

After a long New England winter, the spring weather has finally arrived!! But unfortunately so have finals.... 


That's right my friends it's time to break out the coffee and take out menus cause finals week is here!
Personally for me it has felt like finals have been going on for at least two weeks and I don't actually start exams until Thursday. Most of my classes have had group projects or presentations that have been going on for weeks, causing me to ignore the 5 essays that I have been needing to get done. I wasn't really feeling stressed until I woke up this morning and boy am I feeling it now!


So because I need a break from this Econ essay and because don't want anyone to feel how I am feeling right now, I made a list of things that I do to lower my stress during finals week.


  1. Make a study playlist If you're like me, then you probably can't do anything without some kind of music playing in the background. One of the first things I do when I know I have a lot of work to do is to make a playlist on spotify. This playlist can be as long or short as you want and should be full of songs that you wont skip, that way you can just let it play while you do work instead of searching for the right song. You can follow my second semester study playlist here 
  2. Keep a planner or make a to do list
    there is nothing worse than working on a paper all night to find out that you got your due dates wrong. i have spent many hours working on an assignment that isn't due for weeks instead of one that is due the next day, simply because i did not keep good enough record of my due dates. This is why I have to have color coded to do lists, so I know I'm not wasting my time. 
  3. Bring snacks 
    Food is great and everyone knows it. It can make almost any situation better, even research papers or accounting projects! Popcorn, fruit and gummies are some of my favorite brain foods but almost anything will work. (just PLEASE don't be that kid who brings a full course meal into the library)
  4. Stay hydrated
    The obvious move for a late night study session would be to fire up the coffee maker or make a trip to the closest Dunkin Donuts, trust me my roommate and I are very guilty of this, but that's not always the best choice. Never underestimate the power (and deliciousness) of a good smoothie or DIY fruit water!
  5. Take breaks!! 
    It's crazy to think that you can get all of your work done in one sitting. You're only human and everyone deserves a break! Paint your nails, take a nap, shower, eat, or even call your mom! Study breaks can be tricky though so you should have a strategy. I use my breaks as a reward system. I have a playlist of videos on YouTube that I love and I allow myself one video after writing a page of an essay. Or I put my phone in my bag and only let myself to check any notifications after writing a section or two of notes. You have to be really disciplined with study break especially on sites like  YouTube where it is REALLY easy to fall down the rabbit hole of suggestions and spend hours watching Disney World proposal videos. (okay maybe that's just me but you get my point!)

Now go go go!! You got this! In a week or so you can be poolside and your only worry will be about your tan lines! Just remember

oh and just in case you needed anymore motivation.... 
You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment