Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thirsty Thursday - Smoothie Edition

Now that I am officially on summer vacation all I want to do is sit by my pool with an ice cold smoothie in my hand.
Unfortunately my pool isn't open yet so for now I'm just going to have to settle for the smoothie.
So on this beautiful Thirsty Thursday I thought I would share some of my favorite smoothie recipes.
* All recipes are measured based on the magic bullet *



 Yogurt Free Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
Frozen strawberries
Pineapple
Banana
Orange Juice

Fill half of the bullet with frozen strawberries. Add at least 1/2 cup of pineapple chunks and 1 banana. Then add 1 cup of orange juice.  Blend until smooth. Pour into mason jar and enjoy! :)



Very Berry Smoothie
Chobani Yogurt
Frozen Strawberries
Mixed Frozen Berries
Banana
Orange Juice

Add one container of Chobani yogurt to bullet (I use the 100 calorie strawberry but any kind of greek yogurt will work). Add 1 handful of frozen strawberries and 2 handfuls of the mixed berries. Add the banana and a cup of orange juice. blend until smooth and enjoy! :)


Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie* 
1 cup frozen strawberries
 1/4 cup oats
 1/2 cup plain non-fat yogurt
 1/4 cup water
 1 tsp honey

 1 banana

Add all ingredients to magic bullet, blend and enjoy :)

Hope you think these are as yummy as I do!
Let me know if you try them or if you have some recipes that I should try in the comments!

* recipe from magicbulletblog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment