Sunday, May 25, 2014

Why Disney?

I have grown up in a family who is extremely obsessed with Disney.  My parents danced to A Whole New World at their wedding, went to Disney World on their honeymoon and have taken us to the parks 5 times since I was two years old. I was obsessed with The Little Mermaid, convinced I would marry Prince Eric, and bawled my eyes out when my cousin broke the Flounder pinata at my 3rd birthday party. My brother went to Disney for his first trip when he was in kindergarten, had every Buzz Light year toy and almost shit his pants when he got to meet Stanley.


Disney to me really is the happiest place on earth and although I know not many people feel the same I don't care.
 I love everything about it. I love that it is one of the only places where my brother and I get along for (most of) the trip, where my mom and I get Dole Whips for breakfast, lunch and dinner and where my dad can actually get a break from work to ride roller coasters. I love the food, I love the characters, the rides, parades, EVERYTHING.


Disney is my happy place, I want to be there every day and when I am there it's like I'm on cloud nine. When I was a freshman in high school I found out about the Disney College Program and knew that no matter what, I needed to do it. Then a year later, the royal wedding happened and I knew that I wanted to become a wedding planner. I have been caught many times crying over Disney World proposal videos on youtube and I stalk the tag on tumblr like it's my job. I knew that it was possible to get married in Disney, I mean I have been planning my Disney wedding since I was 7 and on one trip I dragged my entire family through the Grand Floridian all the way to the wedding pavilion just so I could see it in person. (warning this could get cheesey) Every bride wants to feel like a princess on their wedding day so why not help give them a happily ever after in the happiest place on earth? (told ya)


No I do not think that I am too old for Disney, that isn't even possible. No I do not think it is a tourist trap, you don't have too buy everything you see and No I do not get bored there since I've been so many times, once again that isn't possible.


I'm not afraid to "Rock my Disney Side" and I can't wait until I'm a cast member.

See ya real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment