Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Summer Throwbacks


Summer time brings so many great weather, food, movies, fashion and of course some pretty catchy music that no matter what time of the year you listen to them, they always bring you right back to laying on a beach or driving around with the windows down. Here are some of my favorite summer throwbacks that are sure to put a smile on your face.  

Metro Station  - Shake It
I will be the first to admit that I had a major Metro Station phase in 2008 that I am not proud of but you can't deny that this song was catchy as hell. 

Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
This song was maybe one of the biggest songs of the summer in 2006 and it is still just as great (now that it's not the only thing on the radio).

3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me
Honestly this is still one of my favorite songs and I have no shame.

Aaron Carter - Summertime ft. Baha Men
You're lying if you say you never liked Aaron Carter as a kid. If this doesn't bring you back to 2002 then I don't know what will.

Pitbull - I Know You Want Me
Ask any of my friends and they will tell you how obsessed I am with Pitbull's music. I don't know why but I do know that you can't have a summer playlist without at least one of his songs. 

Good Charlotte - The Anthem
Because who didn't have a punk phase in elementary-middle school? 
(Also anything by Simple Plan could work here too)

Usher - Yeah!
Last but certainly not least. This song will never get old to me.

Basically just type in Summer Hits of the 2000's on YouTube or spotify for more and enjoy the walk down memory lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment