Wednesday, June 11, 2014

There's No Business Like Show Business

I'm an avid music lover and concert goer.  You can generally find me either in the front row of a show, or in the middle of a pit.  And yes, I am very aware that I am a female of a small stature.  I love the rush.  I love the vibes.  I don't mind getting pushed and shoved because I push and shove right back.  Maybe that's because I earned a black belt in kempo and jujitsu , but regardless, it's my comfort zone.  However, the first sights of my music loving didn't come from punk music.  My music loving roots from Broadway.


There's so much I can say about Broadway.  My first love was Broadway.  The first time I felt a sense of home was walking down 42nd street in NYC.  I believe my love of theatre helped make me realize I wanted to be a fashion major.  There's just something about the singing.  The way the respective performer's voice shakes the whole theatre.  There's something with the way they can break out and dance without breaking a sweat.  The corny love stories, the ridiculous way the story plays out, and how the show seems to end so well almost every time. The happy endings, the smiles, even them having a monologue with themselves.  It's always had a close place in my heart.  Hell, I even wrote my college essay on why my life should be like a Broadway musical.

It felt fitting to do an ode to Broadway the week of The Tony Awards and since it's Wednesday, here's my favorite Broadway lady, and my woman crush Wednesday.


Lemme tell you about this lady.  Patti LuPone is the queen of Broadway and has reigned for many years.  Now, for all you who think Beyonce' is queen, you don't know Patti. She ain't got shit on Patti.

(you just got Patti LuPWNED)

This bitch has won two Tony awards.  One for Evita, and one for Gypsy.  She has starred in countless shows including Sweeney Todd, Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Evita, Gypsy, Les Miserables, The Cradle Will Rock, Sunday in the Park with George, etc.  She's guest starred on countless tv shows.  She's just plain fabulous. She's Broadway's favorite mama.


Much Love,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment