Friday, June 20, 2014

Why I Want To Be Like Lauren Conrad

Growing up in the early 2000's I, like most girls, loved some really ridiculous things. Like denim mini skirts, layering camis under Hollister T-shirts, putting rhinestones all over my flip phone and drooling over the Jonas Brothers. While I regret and cringe at most of the things I did as a middle schooler, one thing I do not regret is becoming obsessed with the show Laguna Beach on MTV. That's because Laguna Beach was the first time I was introduced to Lauren Conrad.

Lauren Conrad has become one of my biggest inspirations and role models. She started out on Laguna Beach as a high schooler and then moved on to The Hills, which she eventually left before the show ended in 2010. Some of you may be wondering why my idol is a former MTV reality star, but I will explain. 

LC by Lauren Conrad for Kohls
One reason is that she is determined to be successful in life for other things besides being the star of The Hills. Lauren became a designer in 2008 with the debut of The Lauren Conrad Collection and expanded in 2009 with her second line"LC by Lauren Conrad" for Kohls. Today she still has her Kohls line as well as a more upscale line called Paper Crown. She has also been on the covers of huge fashion magazines like Teen Vogue, Marieclare, People StyleWatch, and Allure. She is also a best selling author of the series LA Candy and her fashion and beauty books.



Another reason why I look up to Lauren is that she has found a way to stay relevant without jumping from one reality show to the next. She left The Hills in 2009 because she wanted to focus more on her life off screen, There have been some scenes – extra scenes that may never come out – of me getting upset, taking my mic off and locking myself in my room,” she says. “There was a time I was really stressed, and would get sick a lot. I think all of Season Three!” She never got too caught up in her reality show fame, unlike some of her costars like Spencer and Heidi Pratt who went on to do shows like I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here and are still trying to stay relevant with tv specials that just end up making them the butt of everyone's jokes. Lauren has been able to stay relevant through her work. Her clothing lines and books as well as her blog laurenconrad.com which includes recipies, DIY projects, a book club, and of course fashion tips! Her blog is actually a huge reason why I was inspired to start my own. 



I've said it a million times, when I grow up I want to be the perfect combination of Mindy Kaling and Lauren Conrad. I think that they are both really successful women that all young girls should look up to. And after meeting Lauren last year, I can confirm that she is as beautiful, nice and perfect as you can imagine. 


Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment