Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Some Fucking Pop-Punk Post

This past month has been an absolute AMAZING time for music for me. Especially since Warped Tour last Sunday and has been uphill from there. I love music and it has always been very important to me. Certain bands, like Panic! at the Disco, have kept me out of some dark places in the past. My spending money is normally spent on concert tickets and I wouldn't have it any other way. Hell, I almost drove 45 minutes to go see Have Mercy by myself last night if that proves anything to you. Anywho, here are some bands that are on my current radar.


REAL FRIENDS


So yesterday was Real Friends official release of their first LP, Maybe This Place Is the Same and We're Just Changing, and I am just finishing my first full listen through. If love at first listen is a thing, well I am in love. I've been fortunate enough to see this band twice and both times they have wow'd me. They are humble and you can feel the love in the way they preform. If you like pop-punk and haven't listened to Real Friends, I am worried about your soul. Honestly.

AARON WEST & THE ROARING TWENTIES


Have you ever felt personally victimized by a band not playing a show near you? Well, this happened to me with Warped Tour. Aaron West & The Roaring Twenties played four days of Warped and it happened to be only two days before my show. In other words, I missed this master piece. Nonetheless, Dan Campbell (of The Wonder Years) has done a phenomenal job with this side project. Aaron West is a character created by the front man and the album is the story of his life. It's relatable and rips at your heart strings. If you haven't listened to the LP, We Don't Have Each Other, for the love of Jesus do so. 

HOSTAGE CALM


Okay, Hostage Calm surprised their fans yesterday by announcing their third LP, Die on Stage. With the announcement came a new song and music video for the song "Your Head/ Your Heart." The video is in the style of a 1960s band and the boys are dressed to the nines. Hostage Calm is from my home state and I love good CT punk (I mean who doesn't?) I am overly excited for their new album and am sure it will compare to their two other albums which I have played more times than I want to admit. Back to the new release, this song is catchy, cute, and you can't help but droll a little about how good they look in suits. (I am so not sorry for writing that oops)

TRANSIT


Last but by no means the least is Transit. Transit is a band out of Boston and by now, you should all know how close I hold Boston to my heart. I've been lucky enough to see Transit four times (tied for the most times with Fall Out Boy) and they just get better and better each time. Now, Transit hasn't released new material since their acoustic EP, Futures & Sutures. Anywho, Transit has announced they are releasing a new album but have no release date or preorder as of now. As a HUGE Transit fan this is slowly killing me on the inside and I am checking their page almost daily for when they announce the preorder. They have tweeted that the album is finished so pray the preorder is announced soon (for my own sanity.)

Happy Listening,
Stay Punk,
Much Love,
Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment