Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Summer 2014 Trends

I really should have done this post during our summer week, but I had other things to be writing about so this one slipped my mind. But as a fashion merchandising major, I try to pay attention to some of the current trends that are hitting the shelves. For this summer, here are some of my favorites that I saw while "forecasting."





 Full Skirts

This look reminds me much of new found obsession with Sex and the City and all the beautiful skirts Miss Carrie Bradshaw would wear. The are flattering, girly, and fun. Also younger and older woman can wear them and I think that makes them timeless.
                                                                                      







Clash of the Patterns

Now, I was NOT the biggest fan of this trend when I first saw it. It has 100% grown on me and I am now in love. I especially love mixing two patterns of black and white together. But I've seen it tastefully done in many colors, and it's one to watch.




Big Hats
(feat. Cute Friend)

I am OBSESSED with a cute lady in a big hat. This is so timeless, elegant, and a great excuse to keep the sun out of your eyes. I wish this look worked on me better, but at least most people look hella cute.
Skater Skirts and Crop Tops

This is a look I will rock every day of the week, every night, any time of the year. Hands down a necessity for any female college student. Great for going out, going to class, and staying cool.

                                                                                   




The Little White Dress
(feat me. circa 2013)
The light color keeps you cool in the hotter months and it's a style that is a classic. Pair with sandals to dress it down or heels if you're going out. Gotta love something that is easy day to night.

The Shapeless Dress
Now, this cut doesn't work on everyone. I personally am loving it right now. The dress flows away from your body and keeps you nice and cool in the blazing sun while still looking like a ten. I recently bought three dresses of this style and if I had my way, I would live in them. 

Anywho, those are my favorite summer looks for 2014. Hope you all enjoyed my two cents.
Much Love,
Lea
P.S. It's hot! Drink water, stay cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment