Thursday, July 10, 2014

Songs, Shows and Sequels

I have no idea what to write about and I don't really have a good excuse. All I've done today is sit around my house with my brother feeling sorry for ourselves for not getting to go to Warped Tour. I had plenty of time to write a good post for this afternoon but i just couldn't think of anything. Not to mention the fact that I'm kinda bumming over the fact that the next few days aren't going to be great for me since I'm working all day tomorrow and Saturday morning I get my wisdom teeth out.

So since my creative juices aren't exactly flowing today, I'm just going to share some things I've been obsessing over this week.

Break Free - Ariana Grande ft. Zedd
This song is EVERYTHING. I love Ariana, I think her voice is beautiful and she is so funny in all of Frankie's vlogs. Not to mention she is one of my girl crushes from her hair to her outfits. This song has been basically on repeat since the morning it was released. Also Ari has been running Frankie's twitter while he's on BB and it is perfect.

Big. Brother. 
I need to talk about this. As you should know by know Big Brother kinda takes over my life every summer and this season is no different. Especially because of Frankie Grande since he is basically one of my favorite people ever even before he was on the show. 
SO we finally got some drama this week! Everyone stopped being best friends and finally got down to some real game stuff. Devin is an ass and the bomb squad has blown up. He not only won HOH but also POV and put Zach up solely because he stood up for himself. This is bad for me because I love Zach and I don't think he should go home over Paola. BUT tonight on the live show we get to see Zach flip out after Devin put him up on the block. 
I'm not too worried though because I've been watching Big Brother After Dark every night and I'm confident that he has the number to stay in the house. 


MOCKING JAY
So the other day we got Harry Potter news that I wrote a whole post about and yesterday we got another teaser trailer for Mockingjay part 1 (The Hunger Games series). I'm probably more obsessed with THG than I am with Harry Potter. I've read the books multiple times and I love the movies (Catching Fire was perfect and I sobbed openly with a total stranger when I saw it for the fist time). So the teaser was SO good. If there is one thing Lionsgate it good at with these films it's how they advertise them. All of the marketing campaigns are meant to make us, as viewers, feel like a part of the capitol and its brilliant. In the new teaser, a Capitol TV propaganda ad is interrupted by Beetee in district 13 saying that "The Mockingjay is alive" just like it happens in the books. CF was one of the best book-to-screen adaptations that I have ever seen and they are already being just as good with just the teasers! I can't wait to see a full trailer!


So there's my little pop culture update for you! I can't promise that I'll have a post for you on Saturday because my appointment is very early in the morning and I'll be sleeping/on painkillers all day. 
Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment