Thursday, September 4, 2014

August Favorites

August is over which means its time for another monthly favorites post! (Better late than never right?)

1. My Everything
I feel like I always post about Ariana Grande but she has been releasing such good music this summer, including the release of her new album My Everything. IT IS SO GOOD. I bought it as soon as it was on sale after the VMA's and I have had it on repeat ever since. I have yet to find one song that I don't like. All of her collaborations are awesome and it has the perfect  mix of slow ballads and upbeat pop songs.
My favorite songs are Best Mistake (ft. Big Sean), Break Your Heart Right Back (ft. Childish Gambino), and Just a Little Bit of Your Heart (written by HARRY STYLES).

2. Arm Candy
Although I'm still a statement necklace addict, I'm obsessed with this new bracelet trend. Its so easy to do because you can mix and match and you don't even have to buy anything new! KJP bowtie bracelets add a pop of color and a simple watch adds a classic touch. Charming Charlie's and Francesca's have some really cute simple or unique watches for prices that wont make your wallet cry.

 3. Sarah Hyland's Emmy dress
If you follow me on twitter you know that award shows are basically my favorite thing. I watch all the red carpet coverage and live tweet like it's my job (but seriously if anyone wants to pay me to live tweet any upcoming award shows let me know!). The Prime Time Emmy's were this month and I am absolutely OBSESSED with Sara Hyland's dress by Christian Siriano. I may be biased since I've been in love with Christian since he won his season of Project Runway but I can't get enough of this dress. I want one for myself!

4. Guardians of The Galaxy
I love Marvel and Chris Pratt but for whatever reason when I first saw the trailer for Guardians I had no interest in seeing it but I went to see it with my brother and it was awesome. It was so funny and full of great music so even if you aren't a huge fan of Marvel or superhero movies you will still enjoy it. Another great thing about it (besides Chris Pratt's abs) is that although it is a Marvel movie they don't even mention the Avengers which was a nice change.
If its still playing in a theater near you you need to see it!

So those are some of my favorites this month! Sorry they are kind of lacking but I've been super busy trying to get ready for school. Sunday Lea and I move into our dorm so expect a bunch of new posts next week with a room tour, first day of school outfits and lots of other good stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment