Thursday, September 4, 2014

My School Shopping Favorites

Back to school shopping is my FAVORITE.  
The only problem is that because I move back to school so late, I get bored and usually find myself either at the mall or shopping online while I re-watch One Tree Hill for the 3rd time. So I've probably spent too much on my new fall wardrobe but I'm really excited about my new stuff and I wanted to share some of them with you guys!

(from top left) the Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, JCrew, American Eagle, the Gap 

SWEATERS SWEATERS SWEATERS
Being from New England, Fall is a beautiful and confusing season. September can be hot and humid one day then windy and cold the next, so sweaters are my go to. I bought some light weight ones like the grey anchor one from Tommy Hilfiger, that have quarter length sleeves and can be worn with shorts. I also bought heavier knit ones like this from JCrew that has leather elbow patches (I'm obsessed with them), and some over-sized sweaters that can be worn with a pair of leggings or skinny jeans and boots. I tried to buy some that are pretty simple so that I can add a statement necklace or a scarf to make them dressier, but I also love the jewel detail in this one from the Gap.  

(from top left) Vineyard Vines, The Loft, American Eagle, Under Armour, Aerie

For Lazy Days
Lets be honest, in college it's unrealistic to say that you're always going to look your best and put 100% into an outfit. Everyone has lazy days and who really wants to wear jeans when they are stuck in the library for hours during finals week? Dressing comfortably doesn't mean wearing your pajamas to class though. That's why I always make sure I have a good pair of yoga crops from Aerie, some running shorts, simple T shirts and definitely a men's long sleeve T shirt from Vineyard Vines (SO comfy).


(from top left) TJMaxx, Francesca's, Kohl's

BOWS
It's pretty obvious that I'm obsessed with bows so it's no surprise that these bow details are so popular in my wardrobe for this school year. I think they make what would be a simple blouse or dress so unique and I just really really love it.

(from left) the Gap, American Eagle

Magic Jeans?
Jeans are pretty classic and standard but they are also one of the most annoying things to shop for. Once you find a style and brand that you like NEVER FORGET THEM. There is nothing better than a pair of jeans that actually fit and make you forget that you're wearing "real pants". For me, my go to jean shop is American Eagle. For years I have tried to buy jeans elsewhere to save money and I never found any that I really love as much as I love theirs. I always bought the dark wash jeggings (second in on the left) but this year I found a pair of light wash ones that I am so excited to wear because I don't think I've worn light washed jeans since middle school. But why are jeans magic? Because they will keep you skinny! Last year I learned the hard way that yoga pants are the enemy. Yes they are more comfortable than jeans (that's why I wore them everyday) but they also stretch and allow you to gain wight without even noticing!

I have so many other favorite pieces but I'm saving them for some upcoming ootd posts so keep an eye out for that! 
What is your go to look for fall? Let me know in the comments!







No comments:

Post a Comment