Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Favorites

September is over and I don't think you realize how hard it is for me not to make a dumb "Wake Me Up When September Ends" joke right now. I have so many favorites this month that I can't wait to share them with you and hopefully this will make up for how lame my August Favorites post was!

1. LAUREN CONRAD'S WEDDING
You should all know by now that Lauren Conrad is basically my QUEEN so to say I was just as excited for her wedding as I was for the actual royal wedding would probably be accurate. I almost cried when she got engaged, not just because I was happy for her, but I was happy for myself because HELLOOO I'm an event planning major and she is like an amazing fashion and events blogger! Well it's safe to say that I was more than a little excited when the news broke a few weeks ago that the big day had finally arrived and the minute I found out US Weekly was going to be featuring her wedding album, I was in line at the grocery store to buy the issue. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Her hair, dress, flowers, bridesmaid dresses, venue, E V E R Y T H I N G! This wedding was like my dream come true. I mean one of my current wedding trend obsessions in the rustic barn/vineyard weddings and I mean throw in my favorite person ever as the bride and a member of Something Corporate as the groom and I'm one happy girl. (did I mention that she DESIGNED HER OWN BRIDESMAID DRESSES and an entire bridesmaid dress collection while planning her big day?? yup. she did.)


2. Delta Sigma Phi - Shake It Off
Okay I think it's very safe to say that I would not consider myself Taylor Swift's biggest fan, but even I love this lip dub video by a Kentucky frat.

3. The Mindy Project

Mindy Kaling is on my list of top 5 favorite people for sure. As you can see in my bio, when I grow up I want to be the perfect mix between her and Lauren Conrad. One day I will probably make a whole "Mindy Kaling Appreciation Post" but for today I'm just going to talk about HOW HAPPY I AM THAT THE MINDY PROJECT DID NOT GET CANCELLED AND IS BACK ON TV. Yup so a few weeks ago the new season of The Mindy Project premiered and it was so good. So good in fact I think it may have convinced Lea to make it her next show to binge watch. The guest stars on are always so great and the small little inside jokes are what make it one of my favorite shows. If you haven't already, you need to watch it. I promise you wont be disappointed.


4. Military Jackets

I know this is a trend from last year but it hasn't gone away and I finally own a jacket of my own. I looked EVERYWHERE last year to find a good fall coat but I never had enough money to get one. So this summer while I was shopping for school clothes, imagine how happy I was when The Gap Outlet had ONE adorable military jacket and it was in my size! It has been my favorite thing all month because its about that time in New England when it could be cold and windy on your way to one class, sunny and warm on your way back and then raining on your way to dinner. It is the perfect go-to jacket because it looks good with almost anything and can make it look like you actually tried to put an outfit together when you really got out of bed 10 minutes before class started.

5. One Tree Hill Playlists

My go-to playlist this month (besides my own study playlist) is a mega playlist on spotify with all of the music that was ever on One Tree Hill. And since the show celebrated it's 11 year anniversary this month I think it's pretty appropriate. It has everything: early 2000's punk rock, amazing throwbacks, indie rock, and top 40. It's also full of songs that you probably noticed in the background of an episode and meant to look up but didn't because you ended up marathoning half a season instead of studying or sleeping. If you are as big of a OTH fan as I am then I guarantee that all of your feels will come back after listening to one of the many Ryan Adams songs and your anger towards Chris Keller for almost ruining Naley will return whenever a Tyler Hilton song comes on. The playlist I follow is about 587 songs (which is about 40 hours and 18 minutes long) so you can just press play and let it shuffle and never have to worry about hearing the same songs a bunch of times while your trying to write an essay. You can follow it here.

6. Ashley Tisdale's wedding

Yes I do have two weddings in one post but I'M GOING TO BE A WEDDING PLANNER so obviously celebrity weddings are my favorite thing. So although I'm not as excited about this wedding as I was for LC's, Ashley's wedding was beautiful. When I saw her first pictures on instagram I was obsessed with her flower crown and beautiful lace Monique Lhuilier dress. I'm also obsessed with how she mixed her bridemaid's dresses and oh yeah, GABRIELLA WAS IN SHARPAY'S WEDDING?! (I guess it's not awkward for them that they both dated Zac Efron).

7. Ballet Flats
It's only been fall for a few weeks and as much as I love boots I'm not quite ready to completely surrender to them. While we have had our chilly days this month we also had a few very warm ones and I'm really over wearing sandals and flip flops to class. Luckily one of my favorite trends is still going strong and that is the ballet flat. I think it's important to have a few pairs of flats. Neutral ones, solid colored ones and a pair of fun printed ones (mine are leopard print). They look great  with jeans or leggings and are a great way of adding color to an outfit.

8. Bath & Body Works fall scents
At home my mom is always burning candles and most of the time they are the fall/christmas country-home smelling candles and I love it. Being at school I obviously get homesick but one way that I have found a way to make my dorm room feel more like home is with Bath & Body Works fall candles. The only problem is that we aren't allowed to burn candles in our rooms because they are a fire hazard. But luckily B&BW has wall plug-ins in all of their scents and they are sometimes better than candles because they are always working and making your room smell amazing without you having to do a thing! My current favorite is Spiced Pumpkin Cider.

9. Nude Nails
 I have a serious addiction with buying nail polish. But when it comes to fall colors I have an issue because I don't like how pale dark colors make my hands look. I'm not sure if they actually do look bad, I just know that after I paint my nails a dark fall color I instantly regret it. The one fall color trend that I can wear and will wear all the time is nude. My favorite nude polish is Sand Tropez by Essie. It's a nude polish but not so nude that no one will notice that you even painted your nails. I also love it because its not as noticeable when it starts chipping so it doesn't drive me as crazy as a colored polish would once that first chip comes.

10. Preseason Hockey 
I'm a HUGE Boston Bruins fan. My family is obsessed so because of that I was basically raised to bleed black and gold. So to say I'm excited about hockey season is an understatement. Regular season hockey doesn't start till October (Bruins start October 8th) but preseason started this month. It kinda sucks that preseason isn't aired on TV but thats what the internet is for! I'm excited to see what the 2014/15 Bruins are going to play like and in all honestly I'm just happy to have hockey back in my life because I miss it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment