Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Fall Fashion Favorites

I've said it once and I will say it a thousand times; I LOVE fall fashion.
Like I said last week, fall fashion is great because it doubles as outerwear so there's no need to cover up an amazing sweater with a puffy jacket and huge scarf like we will be doing in a few short months. So while we can still enjoy this beautiful season for a few more weeks, I wanted to share some of my fall fashion favorites from this year!

Plaid
 I love this pattern for fall, although it is probably as creative as florals for spring,
 I think it's a look that will always be around and is also always changing. This season I love colorful button downs and scarves. They are perfect for layering and flannels are good to transition into winter!

Vests
 What goes perfectly with a plaid button down? An adorable vest! I love jcrew's classic quilted vests but honestly, I don't know too many people who are willing to drop $120 on one. Luckily last year I found the perfect look-a-like vest at old navy for $34 in a variety of different colors. I have one in army green and I wear it all the time. You can also find tons of monogrammed ones (like the one below) on etsy!

BOOTS
 Boots are just the best, don't fight me on this. There are so many different kinds of boots that can totally change any outfit. I probably have too many boots but I always want to buy more! The perfect pair of rain boots can turn a lazy rainy day outfit super cute without tying and riding boots with leggings are not only super comfortable, but they can also make even an over sized crewneck sweatshirt look fashionable when you're dragging yourself to a morning class. Bean boots are pretty pricey but I think they're a great investment for fall and winter and they look awesome with some cute socks and a pair of jeggings. 

Elbow Patches
 I just love this little touch to a classic sweater. My favorite piece of clothing I own this season is my JCrew elbow patch sweater but for a cheaper option there are tons of DIY tutorials so you can make your own! 


Scarves
 Scarves are the perfect accessory for the fall. You can make any outfit new just by adding a different scarf to it. I have 20 something scarves in my room right now. I really really love chunky knit ones like this one from aerie that I'm probably going to buy myself (even though I don't need it but I need it. ja feel?) 

Lazy Hairstyles
 If you're wearing a big scarf I think that it is so much easier to just put my hair up and I love these high pony tails with simple ribbons in them. They are a cute little spin on what can be a pretty boring hair style. Messy buns are also great because they require no effort. I also love these easy styles done by my favorite youtuber Zoella

Big Sweaters 
I love love love big sweater. Not only are they comfortable but they look so much better than just wearing the same hoodie to class everyday. Throw on a big statement necklace and you instantly have an adorable look with hardly any effort at all.

So there are some of my favorites from this season. What are some of yours? Let me know in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment