Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Making The Most Out Of Fall

Fall is a magical time. To be honest the only thing I don’t like about fall is that I can sometimes take it for granted, then I'm stuck thinking of all the fun things I could have done when I'm snowed in in December.
So here are some ways that you can make the most out of these beautiful fall days.


Study outside!
Find a spot on campus that you love and go there as much as possible. In a few weeks you'll be stuck in your dorm room of the library wishing that you could be outside. It's so much more relaxing and who doesn’t love people watching?? I just recently found a spot on our quad that I love and I actually wrote most of this post from there!

Go into the city!
Honestly you can go into the city whenever you want but who really wants to be walking up and down Newbury street when its freezing and you have to dodge snow piles? Especially in Boston the fall is amazing. Spend the day shopping on Newbury or Quincy Market or just hang out in the Public Gardens. I cannot stress how important this is.

Dress nice!
Fall is great because you can wear cute outfits without having to cover them up with a coat. I hate when I'm wearing a great outfit but the only people who see it are the ones I have class with because I'm so bundled up in the winter walking to class. Take advantage of this opportunity and wear all of your favorite outfits. Save the yoga pants and hoodies for finals week or cold gloomy winter days.

Do all the "cheesy" fall activities
You only have a short window of time that you can go apple picking or drink Pumpkin Spiced Lattes so do it! Sure people mock the fact that we all flock to apple orchards but who cares? Get a group of friends together, look hella cute, take pictures and post them everywhere just to rub it in peoples faces that you have dozens of delicious apples and apple cider donuts and they don't.

Halloween movies
Okay so I HATE scary movies and I would much rather watch 25 days of Christmas on ABCFamily but they are some pretty great Halloween movies that you should be watching every year. Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown, Edward Sissorhands and of course the perfect movie to transition into the holiday season, Nightmare Before Christmas. Obviously you can watch all the horror movies you want but you won't find any recommendations for those here sorry! 

What are some of your favorite things to do in the fall? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment