Sunday, November 30, 2014

November Favorites

This month has been a pretty weird one for us on the blog (since we haven't really posted anything) and to keep that going I'm going to be doing my favorites for the month a little differently. November has been a huge music month for me. I went to two concerts and tons of my favorite artists released new albums or singles or music videos and I honestly couldn't think of any non-music related favorites from this month so I figured I would share all this new music with you guys!

This Century - Talk to Talk
This Century has been one of my favorite bands since they opened for The Maine In 2010. Since then I have gotten to meet and get to know all of the guys and I can honestly tell you that they are the nicest people I have ever met. This single is a huge deal because Joel Kanitz (the lead singer and my crush always and forever) had surgery on his vocal chords this summer and spent months after that not being able to even speak. Since then he has made a full recovery and I think he sounds better than ever. This song is amazing and I am so excited for their new album! 

Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson - Uptown Funk
Okay this song has been blasting in our room for more than a week now. Lea and I cannot go a day without listening to it at least 5 times. We have watched the video so many times that I was actually doing the dance this morning while brushing my teeth. It’s been quite a while since Bruno has released new music so not only is this awesome because of that but it is an absolute jam.  


One Direction - FOUR
I was 1d af this month and I have no shame. I love One Direction and this album is amazing. Honestly even if I wasn't as big of a fan as I am I would still like this album. It's a new sound but it works for them because let's face it - the "What Makes You Beautiful" days are long gone and I LOVE IT.

Beyonce - 7/11 video
This is another video that Lea and I have been obsessed with recently. It's just a really fun song and video and the part at the end with the Christmas tree is basically what we were doing the other night while we decorated our room. 

Anberlin's final tour
So everyone had an "emo phase" in middle or high school (don't lie we know you had one) and it is a very strong possibility that during that phase you listened to a little band from central Florida called Anberlin. They have been around since 2002 but I only found out about them when they opened for the All American Rejects in 2009. Since then they have become one of my favorite bands of all time. Just last week they ended their 12 year career as a band when they played their final show in Orlando. I got to see them play their last show in Boston at the beginning of the month and when I say it was emotional I really mean it. I can’t even explain what it feels like to go to a show knowing it is the last time you will see that band. Usually when bands break up they do it right away - there is no farewell tour or final album but Anberlin chose to go out this way because they would rather people say "damn they're breaking up???" than "wait their still around?" and I personally think that is pretty freaking smart. There were many many tears shed at their show in Boston but it was also such a cool experience because it felt like a celebration of their career and it was something that I will never forget. I made a playlist of my favorite Anberlin songs and I highly recommend you check them out. 

Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psyco
I came back from class on Monday to lea basically losing her mind which usually means that a band did something and I was right. Fall Out Boy released a new single and it is awesome. Lea said it is the perfect mix of their PAX AM Days sound and Save Rock And Roll and I couldn’t agree more. If you haven't yet you need to listen to this song.


Walk The Moon - Talking Is Hard
Walk The Moon has been one of those bands that I never have to be in the mood to listen too. I have even put them on most of my playlists for the blog. They released their new album Talking is Hard this month and I am obsessed with it. I don't currently have a favorite because it came out a few days ago and I honestly haven't had a chance to really listen to it closely but I can promise you that it's great and you should go listen to it immediately. 

Ariana Grande's AMA performance 
You couldn't have possibly thought that I could make it through this without talking about Ariana right? Well her performance at this year's American Music Awards was too perfect for me to not talk about. First of all she looked stunning. Her hair, make up and dress were so on point that I freaked out before she even started singing (Lea can back me up on this). Her performance started with stripped down versions of Problem and Break Free that sounded so freaking cool right before she went on to sing Love Me Harder with The Weekend. It was so so good and I can’t wait until I can see her in March! 

What were some of your favorites for this month? Any new music I should check out? Let me know in the comments! Hope you had a great thanksgiving!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment